About ManUtd is an excellent iPhone and iPad App for United fans. Launched this season by the people behind the respected Manchester United stats website, it’s already giving fans facts and stats to back them up in all Man Utd discussions around the world.
About ManUtd is a fact-supplying app that:
- Covers every official match played by Manchester United since 1886 – over 5300 of them.
- Lists every United team and every United goal-scorer; for many matches it also gives the opposition team and scorers.
- Provides stats and summaries for each of the 863 United players, 19 managers, 115 seasons and 209 opponents.
- Contains original profiles supporting the stats for all managers, all recent seasons, and many players.
- Is updated after every match.
- Apart from updates, the app does not need internet access – perfect for getting Manchester United stats on the go.
You can filter and sort the lists to find what you want. For example, you can easily filter the players’ list to display just wingers, who are Scottish, who have made more than 10 appearances – and then order them by goals scored. (Top of the list, incidentally, comes Willie Morgan 1968-1975; details include his date and place of birth, clubs before and after United, every match he played in, season summaries, and a profile of his United career.)
Or you can filter the seasons to find out when Man Utd played in the European Cup, or won the FA Cup. Or find the Premiership away matches against Chelsea.
About ManUtd is an App that’s difficult to put down. Who was in the squad that season? Where did we finish in the League? How many times has United beaten Liverpool at Anfield? The questions keep coming and the App keeps supplying the answers.
Bonus tip: You can use the About ManUtd app to get quick answers to our ticket giveaways (such as this one) and other contests on the blog.
About ManUtd is available from the Apple App Store for those with an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod touch. At just £1.99 it’s got to be one of the buys of the season.
Update: AboutManUtd.com have said that they’re working on an Android version of the app – as soon as it’s launched, you’ll hear about it here.
Made in Manchester is available for just £3. Some of the best football writers take a player each, from Sir Bobby Charlton to Ryan Giggs, George Best to David Beckham, Duncan Edwards to Paul Scholes, and many more, with 30 articles in total. All profit goes to Trafford Macmillan so please support this fantastic cause.