Mikael Silvestre and Louis Saha are both likely to be making a move back to their homeland this summer, with the players today admitting they don’t have much of a future at the club.
Whilst Saha’s club of choice is yet to be confirmed, it appears as though Silvestre is looking for a move to Bordeaux. “I know Lolo (Blanc) as we played together at Manchester. Last year, we talked about a possible transfer,” Silvestre revealed. “So it is not impossible. Now I have to think about it. Bordeaux is the club in my heart.”
Joined: September 10th 1999
Signed from: Inter Milan
Transfer fee: £3.5 million
Debut: Liverpool at Anfield
Honours: 4 League Titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup.
- More starts than any United player 2002/2003
- Winning goal vs Leedscum 10 minutes from time
- Both goals against Liverpool in our 2-1 win
- Nutting Ljungberg in our 4-2 win at Highbury, the only red card in his footballing career
Joined: January 23rd 2004
Signed from: Fulham
Transfer fee: £12.8 million
Honours: 2 League Titles, 1 League Cup.
- Scored on his debut, scored two a week later in a 4-3 win over Everton
- 86th minute equaliser vs Arsenal at Highbury, March 2004
- League Cup’s highest scorer 2006, including a goal in the final
- Displacing Ruud van Nistelrooy from the starting XI
- The opening goal against Chelsea in 1-1 draw, 2006
- Derby day goal in 3-1 win, 2006
To mark the anniversary of United winning the Treble with a team that had academy products at the core, Made in Manchester is available for just £3 for today only. Some of the best football writers take a player each, from Sir Bobby Charlton to Ryan Giggs, George Best to David Beckham, Duncan Edwards to Paul Scholes, and many more, with 30 articles in total. All profit goes to Trafford Macmillan so please support this fantastic cause.