1. “In a perfect world I would stay my entire career. I am dreaming about that.” (2 months later)
2. He’s injury-prone (something he has been denying since he was at Liverpool and something Giggsy warned him about years ago)
3. He’ll play for anyone for the money (Newcastle?? Really, Michael?)
4. “The brochure”
5. “I believe my ambitions can be fulfilled at Liverpool. I find it a little insulting that, after 12 years’ service, my loyalty is being questioned. I want every supporter to know that I am as committed to Liverpool as any player at the club. I have been the same ever since I first came to Anfield as an 11-year-old.”
6. He ended Ronny Johnsen’s season after sticking his studs in to our defender’s ankle, and was sent off, after already lunging at Peter Schmeichel in a 1-1 draw in the 97/98 season.
7. He’s a whinger
8. He’s a target for Hull.
9. “In an ideal world, and in the long term, I want to help Liverpool become the most successful club in the world again.”
10. This is how happy scoring against us makes him.
Made in Manchester is available for just £5. It includes 30 articles from the country's best football writers about graduates from the Manchester United academy. Everyone who buys a copy enters a competition to win the new home shirt. All profit goes to Trafford Macmillan so please support this fantastic cause.