– Since October 1937, United have featured a youth player in every single match, except Arsenal away in 2011. This was a run of 3,516 competitive games.
– 516 players have represented United in the FA Youth Cup. 32% make 1st team & 38% play league football elsewhere. 70% hit rate!
– 202 youth players have featured in in the United first team making over 17,500 appearances with 90 internationals.
– United have given débuts to 42 players who have been 17 or younger since World War 2.
– In the 60th year of the FA Youth Cup, United reached their 24th semi-final, which works out at one every two and a half years.
– In his 88 games in charge of United, Wilf McGuinness used 26 players – 6 bought & 20 youth players who made up 67% of total appearances.
For more brilliant youth stats follow @mrmujac on Twitter.
Made in Manchester is available for just £5. It includes 30 articles from the country's best football writers about graduates from the Manchester United academy. Everyone who buys a copy enters a competition to win the new home shirt. All profit goes to Trafford Macmillan so please support this fantastic cause.