– Just like RoM revealed this time last year, Nemanja Vidic’s wife doesn’t give off an ‘unhappy’ persona at all. She was at Old Trafford yesterday and was laughing at Vidic’s chant, which was sung repeatedly.
– The change in Nani’s attitude has been very noticeable at Carrington and there were hopes that Anderson would follow suit. Unfortunately, this hasn’t been the case. He reminds a few of Dwight Yorke. New signing Bebe has latched on to Anderson and there are concerns about what impact his influence might have. They have their eye on this one.
– Edwin Van der Sar is very appreciative of his life and situation in Manchester since his wife’s illness. His kids are settled in school and his life has been put in to perspective. He thinks the club treated him brilliantly and were so supportive during that difficult time, so he really is keen to pay the club back however he can.
– Berbatov was a bit of a loner this time last season but is a lot more settled. His best mate at the club is Edwin but he gets along with everyone.
– After attending Chester Races, John O’Shea, Jonny Evans and Owen Hargreaves went out for a bite to eat at Players in Hale Barns. The all important City vs Spurs game was on the TV screens and there were quite a lot of blues in. Without wanting to draw attention to themselves by jumping up, all three players were beaming when Peter Crouch scored the winner, with O’Shea clenching his fists under the table.
– There were questions asked of Jonny Evans’ attitude at one point, with him liking the booze and getting a bit too big for his boots (I can only assume this is around the time he had returned from Sunderland on loan after being well-loved and was seeking a permanent move there for first team football). Someone on the staff had a word with his dad, letting him know that Evans’ attitude had been noted, and since then, he’s gone from strength to strength.
Word on the Street